Enter online – Click here
2017 BRC rule change for medical cover
This change applies to the activities where a Qualified First Aider is the mandatory minimum requirement. Where the rules state a paramedic / doctor is mandatory – this remains the same and has not changed.
Previously, anyone acting as first aid cover at a BRC activity, had to have a ‘First Aid at Work’ qualification.
We are delighted to now allow another qualification under this rule.
The qualifications for a first aider can now be one of the following
- FAW Certificated Qualification accredited by Training Organisation Regulator or Voluntary Aid Society
- BHS first aid course presented by Skillbase and booked through the BHS
All first aiders must have an HSE approved first aid kit.
BRC Medical Cover 2017 Rules explains the rule in greater detail.
At some of our Area Visits before Christmas, we discussed how there was a question over BHS Accredited Coaches being used as the volunteer first aider at BRC activities, and it was thought that they would not be covered to do this under our insurance policy.
I can now confirm that this is not the case, and that they CAN be used as voluntary cover. Should a claim occur whilst they are in this role of first aider, then the cover would come from the BRC insurance policy, and not the Accredited Coach policy.
If you have any queries, contact Laura Sanger email@example.com .
- BRC on occasion may make a rule change after printing the current rule book.
- Any significant rule amendments and changes will be periodically updated on the BRC website with a date at the top showing when the document was changed.
- These changes will be available to download from http://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs/brc-handbook
ALL body protectors will be checked at Horse Trials
Competitors must present their body protector with their passport before they will be given their number.
Please ensure your Horse Trials Competitors are aware to save time on the day.
Please ensure you have a mechanism for checking the same at club events with a cross country phase.
- BRC Rule Book
- Hat Guidelines
- Body Protector Guidelines
- Security at Events
- CRIME PREVENTION ADVICE FOR RIDING CLUBS
For the BRC Downloads page – click here
You can find all the relevant 2017 entry forms for this year’s qualifiers (all forms are Word documents) You can also get General Downloads at this link.
For more general downloads such as information on BRC Insurance, Club Constitutions, Downgrading, Team Manager Guidlines, H&S Documents and Test sheets these can also be found on the main BRC Downloads page.